We compete in the following categories.
You can find out more information about each category in our Membership Manual.
- January - Animal Portraits
- A photograph of an animal in which its face and expression are predominant. However, as with human portraiture, the entire body is also acceptable.
- March - Ice
- Water that is frozen becomes ICE. The possibilities are endless here.
- April - The Color Purple
- The color PURPLE should be the predominant color in the image.
- May - Street Scenes
- Street photography at its finest. A type of photography that features candid subjects within public places. Street photographs are images of society displaying un-manipulated scenes with usually unaware subjects.
- June - Geometric
- Points, lines, angles, shapes, circles, squares, triangles etc.
- September - Twisted Trees
- A strange or unusual tree or trees – distorted, deformed, warped, bent contorted, etc.
- October - Country Roads
- A picturesque road or street in a rural area.
- November - Nature’s Revenge
- Images depicting “mother nature” at its worst or one showing the after effects of nature on our society.
- December - Too Many to Count
- An abundance of same or similar things, where it would be difficult to count them.
- January - Boats or Ships
- Canoes to cruise liner, if it floats on the water then it’s OK.
- March - Vintage
- A particular harvest of wine; something representing the high quality of a past time; old fashioned.
- April - Color Blue
- Azure, turquoise, royal, sapphire, sky, midnight, cerulean, aqua, cyan, steel, Tiffany, denim, cobalt, or cornflower… any shade of blue will do.
- May - Intentionally Blurred
- Not in sharp focus. An image or a part of the image that is not clear for a particular reason, i.e. to show motion or direct attention.
- June - Texture
- A rough or grainy surface quality or characteristic structure of a material or object.
- September - Solitude
- State of being or living alone; seclusion; remoteness from habitation; absence of human activity; a lonely, unfrequented place.
- October - Song Titles
- What is your favorite song? Can you turn it into a compelling image? I would suggest using the title of the song as the title of your image, but it is not mandatory to do so.
- November - This Old House
- An old house or any of its many parts. An old architectural style or a physically old home.
- December - Junkyard
- Anything you would find in a junkyard. Items that have been disposed of or are no longer in use.
Entry Deadline: Prints must be given to the Print Coordinator by 7:10 PM the evening of the competition.
See page 5 of our Membership Manual for guidelines.
Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit images for any monthly competition is always the Wednesday preceding the competition at 12:00 midnight.
Once your images are ready, send them to the Digital Coordinator.
Photo Competition Results
Year to Date Scores
Year End Competition
Lifetime - Total Merit Points
PSA Interclub Competition
If you are having trouble viewing our PDF documents, then please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.