We compete in the following categories.
You can find out more information about each category in our Membership Manual.
- January - Effects of Age
- A person, place or thing showing decline with the passage of time.
- March - After Dark
- Use your imagination here - any image taken between the hours of sundown and sunrise, showing the effects that darkness has on photography as well as things that are seen only after sunset.
- April - Fences
- Structures serving as an enclosure, a barrier or a boundary intended to prevent escape or intrusion.
- May - Weeds, Reeds and Seeds
- Any of various tall grasses that grow especially in wet areas; grains of plants used for sowing; or plants that are not valued or wanted where they are growing.
- June - Feathers
- Light flat growths forming the plumage on birds. Your call - shoot your feathers still on the bird, or show them used in another creative way.
- September - Insects
- Any of the numerous small invertebrate animals in a class (insecta) of arthropods with head, thorax, and abdomen, three pairs of legs and typically one or two pairs of wings.
- October - Sand Dunes
- A hill or ridge of sand piled up by the wind.
- November - Autumn
- Any image that portrays the colors, events or activities of the fall season.
- December - Broken
- Shattered, damaged or altered. Violently separated into parts.
- January - Animal Portraits
- A photograph of an animal in which its face and expression are predominant. However, as with human portraiture, the entire body is also acceptable.
- March - Ice
- Water that is frozen becomes ICE. The possibilities are endless here.
- April - The Color Purple
- The color PURPLE should be the predominant color in the image.
- May - Street Scenes
- Street photography at its finest. A type of photography that features candid subjects within public places. Street photographs are images of society displaying un-manipulated scenes with usually unaware subjects.
- June - Geometric
- Points, lines, angles, shapes, circles, squares, triangles etc.
- September - Twisted Trees
- A strange or unusual tree or trees – distorted, deformed, warped, bent contorted, etc.
- October - Country Roads
- A picturesque road or street in a rural area.
- November - Nature’s Revenge
- Images depicting “mother nature” at its worst or one showing the after effects of nature on our society.
- December - Too Many to Count
- An abundance of same or similar things, where it would be difficult to count them.
Entry Deadline: Prints must be given to the Print Coordinator by 7:10 PM the evening of the competition.
See page 5 of our Membership Manual for guidelines.
Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit images for any monthly competition is always the Wednesday preceding the competition at 12:00 midnight.
Once your images are ready, send them to the Digital Coordinator.
Photo Competition Results
Year to Date Scores
Year End Competition
Lifetime - Total Merit Points
PSA Interclub Competition
If you are having trouble viewing our PDF documents, then please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.